My daughter just moved in to her apartment at Butler Community College and she suddenly had driving issues with her SUV. She just happened to pull in to the parking lot on a Sunday early evening and even though they were closed, Mitch was there and helped her figure out the problem. He got it in for repair on Monday for a very reasonable price. I can't thank him enough for helping her out. I feel more confident now that if there are future issues while she is at school, he will be there to help!
Joni Lippert, 08/03/2020
We were on the turnpike when a sensor went out on our truck and put it in reduced-power mode. We were able to drive to Automotive Specialists where Mitch began to diagnose the problem. He determined that it was a throttle sensor, which he was able to replace and get us back on the road as quick as possible. He took the time to explain the problem and solution. The staff was very friendly and efficient. We will bring our truck back for regular maintenance. It's worth the drive to El Dorado!
Alan & Melody P., 02/03/2020
We took our vehicle to the auto parts store where we had purchased a battery less than a year ago, Vehicle was consistently requiring a jumpstart. They tested the battery, said it was fine, but needed a new alternator. They recommended Automotive Specialists. Mitch, at Automotive Specialists checked the vehicle, and informed us the battery was fine, as was the alternator, the issue was loose and corroded cables, an easy fix. Honesty, professionalism and expertise are certainly qualities to be revered. A sincere thank you. Job well done!
Dan & Catherine C.
We had body repairs done to our car recently and have traded it in for a new vehicle. The work was invisible to the trade-in dealer-he was amazed. We received top-dollar trade-in.
I just want to thank you for taking in my vehicle on short notice, fixing my brake line on a non-work day and getting me back on the road. I'm from Oklahoma and this was a true blessing as well as a fair price. I would and will recommend you to all my family and friends that live here in Kansas. Thanks so much!
Recently had my daughter's transmission go out in her car and we contacted this business. Mitch went above and beyond to get it figured out and taken care of in record speed. Highly recommend Automotive Specialist for any and all of your vehicle needs. Can't thank them enough for their hard work and customer service!!
Broke down outside of el dorado and my service suggested this place. Prompt, helpful and attentive to my needs. Got me fixed up and on the road again and explained every step along the way. Mitch and company did great.
I was passing through on a road trip when my check engine light turned on. The guys at Auto Specialists gave me a professional diagnosis and were super knowledgeable and helpful in getting me on the road. Really helpful and honest!
Our Air conditioner broke during our 2 hour trip to Wichita in the middle of summer with our one year old in the car. We called the shop and he got us in right away! Excellent service! And he fixed our key battery. I recommend this shop to anyone.
- According to recent studies, 5 percent of all motor vehicle fatalities are clearly caused by automobile maintenance neglect.
- The cooling system should be completely flushed and refilled about every 24 months. The level, condition, and concentration of coolant should be checked. (A 50/50 mix of anti-freeze and water is usually recommended.)
- Never remove the radiator cap until the engine has thoroughly cooled. The tightness and condition of drive belts, clamps and hoses should be checked by a pro.
- Change your oil and oil filter as specified in your manual, or more often (every 3,000 miles) if you make frequent short jaunts, extended trips with lots of luggage or tow a trailer.
- Replace other filters (air, fuel, PCV, etc.) as recommended, or more often in dusty conditions. Get engine drivability problems (hard stops, rough idling, stalling, diminished power, etc.) corrected at a good shop.
- A dirty windshield causes eye fatigue and can pose a safety hazard. Replace worn blades and get plenty of windshield washer solvent.
- Have your tires rotated about every 5,000 miles. Check tire pressures once a month; let the tires cool down first. Don't forget your spare and be sure your jack is in good condition.
- Check your owner's manual to find out what fuel octane rating your car's engine needs then buy it.
- Keep your tires inflated to the proper levels. Under-inflated tires make it harder for your car to move down the road, which means your engine uses more fuel to maintain speed.
- Lighten the load. Heavier vehicles use more fuel, so clean out unnecessary weight in the passenger compartment or trunk before you hit the road.
- Use the A/C sparingly. The air conditioner puts extra load on the engine forcing more fuel to be used.
- Keep your windows closed. Wide-open windows, especially at highway speeds, increase aerodynamic drag and the result is up to a 10% decrease in fuel economy.
- Avoid long idling. If you anticipate being stopped for more than one minute, shut off the car. Contrary to popular belief, restarting the car uses less fuel than letting it idle.
- Stay within posted speed limits. The faster you drive, the more fuel you use. For example, driving at 65 miles per hour (mph) rather than 55 mph, increases fuel consumption by 20 percent.
- Use cruise control. Using cruise control on highway trips can help you maintain a constant speed and, in most cases, reduce your fuel consumption.
- Keep your engine tuned. A fouled spark plug or plugged/restricted fuel injector can reduce fuel efficiency as much as 30 percent.
- Inspect the engine's belts regularly. Look for cracks or missing sections or segments. Worn belts will affect the engine performance.
- Have the fuel filter changed every 10,000 miles to prevent rust, dirt and other impurities from entering the fuel system.
- Change the transmission fluid and filter every 15,000 to 18,000 miles. This will protect the precision-crafted components of the transmission/transaxle.
- Inspect the suspension system regularly. This will extend the life of the vehicle's tires.